Monday, March 29, 2010

As soon as the soil can be worked.

I assume that term doesn't specifically apply to "when you are able to get the baby settled and the toddler distracted with his truck enough to get some work done", instead I think it has more to do with the frost level and the weather.

Either way, I finally got my bed prepped enough, my twine strung (for a straight line) and a little time so I could put my onions in. I handled the onions all myself, as I'm growing from seed they were just too small for little hand. Both the toddler and my friend's daughter (4) were very "helpful" in planting the carrots (some heavy pruning will be required!) and putting in the garlic. I also got some assistance throwing cut-potatoes into the potato box.

Sometimes it's a little extra work to include my little helpers, but the reward of passing on my love of gardening is definitely worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment