Monday, March 8, 2010

Seedlings are taking over my home...

Starting from the end of February something started stirring in my soul. I just couldn't ignore it any more, my green thumb was tingling and there was only one way to stop it. February is a little early but it was that or go mad, so I chose to get planting.

I used an interesting technique to create seedling pots from newspaper YouTube has lots of great videos. It's free & worked well for my smaller and slow growing seedlings such as my herbs, and strawberries. I transplanted all my tomatoes into half water-bottles because I wanted to separate them and that has worked very well. The newspaper pots did not work for my Atlantic Giant Pumpkins, they grew far too quickly (although I think that's a good thing!). I had to transplant them into half 2L soda-pop bottles, which worked well enough until the went outside.

The seed flats have Red Beauty onion seeds in them, but very few of them grew - I believe I might have drown them, but transplanted them into the garden anyway to see if anything would grow. Here's hoping & here is to spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment